Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Sleeping With The Enemy



The nice usher lady was sweet enough to photograph this rare smiley-faced Emu at the Prudential Center. In the wild, they can be recognized by their "WWGRD" shirt. (that is 'What Would Gary Roberts Do'..thanks to my brother and PensBlog!)
Shortly after this photo was taken, I settled into my seat, and tried to blend in with the Newark Natives. After five minutes, I joined the half-full arena in a 2 hour long, Devil's Hockey-induced nap. If Steven Wright had played hockey instead of being a comedian, he would have played in New Jersey. Dryer than a popcorn fart..this game was DULL.
But you know...when I was awakened 140 minutes later..the Pens were still in first place over the Devils, and have a playoff spot clinched. I yawned, scratched myself, and rejoiced in my own silent little way

No comments: